When individuals require specialized care beyond the walls of our patient care locations, the NYC Health + Hospitals/At Home division of our health system steps up to the plate.STORY
Our qualified licensed physical and occupational therapists and speech language pathologists help get patients on the road to recovery in the comfort of the patients home environment.
Through the rehabilitation process, patients can recapture the skills necessary to live safely at home, or in the community.
These qualified licensed physical/occupational therapists and speech language pathologists will provide a comprehensive evaluation using:
- evidence-based treatment individualized goals with patient input to reach their optimal functional level
- home safety assessments
- functional techniques to enhance critical skills such as walking, stair climbing, balance, endurance, transferring from/to various surfaces, dressing, bathing and kitchen activities
- education in the proper and safe use of assistive devices such as canes, walkers, wheelchairs, etc.
Our rehab specialists are experienced in caring for patients with:
- Orthopedic conditions
- Neurological disorders and strokes
- Complex medical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Fall Risk